Sunday, September 30, 2012

CSI Case file #38

So I feel like I have really found the challenges that I enjoy most, I think because they really get you to think outside the square, push you to journal, have changing colours and elements to include and the amount of amazing inspirational layouts done by those participating make it all the more enjoyable.

So this week I gave Case #38 a go.  These colours really stretched me and I think most of all I loved the prompt of pets.  This picture has been sitting in my 'to scrap' folder on my computer for a while now, and it just worked so well with these colours!

Here is the case file:
You can check out the full detail of the case file here.
And here is my take on the challenge: 
I used the grey in the background, brown in the frame and other elements, green in the frame around the photo, doily, title and flowers.  The blue was used in many of the flowers, paper doilies, ribbon, matting of the photo as well as the main strip for the middle of the photo.  I enjoyed using newspaper to create the off white colour punting accented with off white twine all in the shape of the flourishes pictured in the sketch. 

The journalling was really important to me so I added this in brown text on white vellum so that you still get a hint of the design beneath it.  

In the background I enjoyed playing with my pan pastels for the first time.  I used a mixture of yellow and two greens to achieve the desired colour for the Window lattice stencil, to which I added some stamping in brown foliage layered over the top. 





To put this layout together I used my Helmar 450 Quick Dry as I wanted a really strong for the wooden frame and for all the material flowers.  I also used my Helmar liquid Scrap Dots for some of the flowers and the bunting.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The LO is not only stunning, but the picture as well!! I love it!