Ok, well I wan't exactly sure if the Helmar Guest Design Team spot was up for grabs by those outside of the US, but I thought, well why not give it a go anyway. So here is what I have created for the call. I don't think I have a layout/card or off the page project that doesn't have any Helmar, so I thought I would use it as an excuse to create some new stuff.
The helmar products I have used are pictured below: Helmar Acid Free, 450, Vellum Adhesive, Fray Stoppa and Scrap Dots.
Gifts of Thought
Paper collections by Prima Marketing and Kaisercraft, Flowers and leaves by Green Tara and Prima, Assorted ribbon and metal embellishments, Liquid Pearls – Opal, Pearl flourish by Kaisercraft, Swarovski crystals, White Gesso, Metallic Rub on, Tattered Angels resist chippies, Fine white netting, Tim Holtz distress ink – Walnut, Black bazzil cardstock, Opals embossing powder – Snow Gum, Stayson Ink – Timber brown
I created these similar styled cards and gift box for some special friends of mine. Again my Helmar 450, Acid free and Scrap dots got a work out.
I adhered the paper backgrounds to the second card and noodle box using some of the acid free glue.
I then used a combination of the 450 and scrap dots to adhere the embellishments to the cards and the noodle box. The message die cuts were adhered using some scrap dots to allowing multi level raising. I found the scrap dots particular effective in adhering the metal embellishments on the noodle box as it is very strong once dry.
The flower at the top of the noodle box was created using some of the Prima Marketing paper. I used my Helmar 450 to adhere the petals as I created it, and then to adhere it along with the netting to the top of the box.
I also used my 450 to stick the organza ribbon onto the handle of the noodle box. I did this by running glue along the inside of the ribbon and then wrapping it around. I did this with about 3 inches of ribbon at a time. The 450 was great for this as the glue didn't bleed through and leave a stain.
Toby James - Prints at 12 weeks old
10 frame photo display frame from Kaisercraft, Pearls - kaisercraft, ‘Up Up and Away’ paper and embellishment collection by Kaisercraft, Chipboard arrow by Twiddleybitz, Prima pearl vines, Hessian material, Stayson Ink – Timber brown, Glimmermist – Coffee Shop, Fiskas border punch – Threaded border,
To create this frame I used my Helmar 450, acid free glue and scrap dots.
I used my acid free glue to adhere the paper from the ‘Up Up and Away collection’ to the frame and then cut out the holes. Once I stuck the paper for each of the holes on the back of the frame, I added some acid free glue to the back of each one to allow it to adhere to the backing board. I also added some 450 around the frame to give it a strong bond with the backing board that would dry quickly.
After spraying the hessian with some glimmermist to give it a darker brown colour, I removed some of the threads to give it a less dense appearance, allowing the paper beneath it to show through. I then used my 450 to adhere the material to the frame knowing that it would not show up when it was dry. I also needed for it to adhere quickly so without me having to play around with it so that it did not fall apart .
For this project I use my scrap dots adhere the embellishments to the frame that required some dimension such as the balloons. I enjoyed being able to layer this product up to give different heights to the balloons giving it a greater 3D effect. I personally like using scrap dots more than any form of foam tape in this way as it is less noticeable on the raised piece when looking at the project from the side. It also gave the balloons a real feeling of floating in air this way.
Lastly I used my Helmar 450 to adhere the embellishments to the frame, knowing that they would be extremely secure given the strength of this product when dry.
Hope you have enjoyed my share, and I'd like to wish everyone that enters GOOD LUCK xxx